Journal of Design and Textiles (JDT) is an open access journal which provides a forum to disseminate knowledge among academic and industrial researchers, in the fields of textile engineering, technology, fashion, and design. This Journal aims to promote interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary approaches and the role of collaboration in education; bridging the gap between research of design, technologies and industry.
JDT is a bi-annual published journal which accepts all types of articles like Editorial, Research, Review, Case Report, Short Communication, Perspectives, and Mini Review etc.
Aims & Scope
The aim of the Journal of Design and Textiles (JDT) is to promote and facilitate the novel ideas and research work in the field of design and textile by providing a reliable dissemination platform. JDT will be incorporating a range of topics, disciplines, and publish submissions in the following areas:
- Research for education - Including scholastic studies for the professional development in the fields of textile, fashion, graphic and interior design education and practice.
- Introducing new research approaches with illustrative case studies.
- Multidisciplinary approaches emphasizing the role of collaboration; relationships between traditional and contemporary design and industry practices.
- The application of new and traditional technologies and materials from both technical and aesthetic perspectives; sustainable design practices. Thus bridging the gaps between research and industry.
- The design process including the role of drawing and the significance of craft.
- Innovative stance on Fashion Technology, Polymer Sciences, Textile Design, Textile Industries, Fiber Engineering, Fiber Innovation, Polymer Structure and other topics will be helpful in the development of journal on a broader scope.
JDT focuses on the topics that include, but are not limited to the following fields:
- High performance textile materials
- Innovation in fibers
- Yarn and fabric manufacturing
- Application of multi-axial and 3D fabrics
- Technical textiles
- Fashion and apparel manufacturing
- Home textiles
- Productivity and energy efficiency in textiles
- Sustainable practices in design and textiles
- Application of 2D & 3D CAD in textiles and clothing
- Textile marketing and management
- Textile chemical processes and finishes
- Composite materials and their applications
- Nanotechnology in textiles
- Arts and design
- Interior and graphic design modeling and simulation
- Interior furnishing and product design
JDT provides an international forum for research in the domain of the design & textile. It is the first journal of Pakistan that is catering all fields and sub-fields of textile engineering, fashion and textile design. The journal welcomes and encourages researchers to submit their articles from a wide range of theoretical and methodological approaches, so that they can contribute to broaden the learning through creative education. Furthermore, research in textile engineering aims to provide valuable insight for socio-economic development of textile industry both nationally and internationally.
Our vision is to produce quality research that contributes in the progress of textile and design; and growth of textile sector. JDT prioritizes to enumerate itself among quality control journals as well as to maintain ethical standards.