The Journal of Art, Architecture and Built Environment (JAABE) is a double-blind, peer reviewed, bi-annual journal published by the School of Architecture and Planning, University of Management and Technology (UMT), Lahore, Pakistan. JAABE is a multidisciplinary journal that will create a knowledge hub for the Academicians, Researchers, Students and Professionals for research and practical applications. It aims to present the advanced and innovative research on all major and minor issues of art, architecture, urban design and planning. The journal welcomes scholarly publication from all the above mentioned fields while encouraging new ideas and advanced perspectives on existing architecture research and promising deep-exploration approach for creating responsive environments. The journal scrutinizes the research articles by peer reviewed process as per the HEC policy (International and National).
We are fully committed to provide unrestricted access to all published articles.
The mission of JAABE is to encourage the authors by sharing their knowledge with the broad range of readers in the field of Art, Architecture, Urban design and Built Environment. This platform is further used to enhance the research capabilities of young researchers to explore this new innovative world of research tools, techniques and vocabulary applied in the built environment.
Aims and Objectives
JAABE aims to present the advanced and innovative research on all major and minor issues of art, architecture, urban design and planning. The journal welcomes scholarly publication from all above mentioned fields while encouraging new ideas and advanced perspectives on existing architecture research and promising deep-exploration approach for creating responsive environments.
Our mission is guided by the following significant core values:
- We value high quality research publications in the field of Art, Architecture, Urban design, Built Environment.
- We cultivate and advocate ethical behavior in all of aspects of the publication process.
- We respect each of our members' opinions and seek to amplify their ideas.
The core focus of JAABE is to promote architectural research in all domains including theoretical to experimental analytical approaches. The use of different qualitative and quantitative data analytical techniques is encouraged for innovative solutions that can further help in decision and policy making.
The journal welcomes the original and innovative solutions derived from current scenarios in architecture, urbanism and environment. The platform acknowledge the multidisciplinary researches in order to develop new theories in architecture, urbanism and environment. The journal is publishing in all domains of design, experimental and theoretical researches under the umbrella of the above mentioned major disciplines.
JAABE addresses a broad range of areas which are relevant and reflective of art, architecture and built environment. The scope of papers may include the following disciplines:
- Urban Design
- Built Environment
- Academicians and researchers in different fields at universities, art and architecture schools and industries
- Professionals for research and practical applications
- No manuscript submission charges
- No manuscript processing or publication charges
- Full open access: everyone can read your article when it is published
- Peer review from two or more experts
- Frequent updates on your article’s status
- Proofreading services
- Submissions from around 10 countries of the world and editorial board from 20 countries of the world
- OJS as Journal Management System